It’s important to embrace comfort in all aspects of your life, from your paint color down to your kitchen fixtures. Your appliances and home water filtration both count toward that goal. The best water filters have a lot to offer as far as safety and clean-living are concerned. Find the right system for you, and it can even help elevate your home in a truly smart (and delicious) way.
Comparing Water FiltersThere are a variety of home water systems on the market today. Determining the right setup for you and your area’s water quality can actually be a tricky process. You want a drinking water filter that solves your water problems yet still reflects your best interests. Knowing a little more about the best filtration types will help you match a winning model to your everyday style.
Reverse Osmosis Water FiltrationOften called RO systems, reverse osmosis filters are great for homeowners that want the cleanest water possible. They can tackle dissolved metals like lead and iron (in addition to smelly chlorine), which means they’re ideally suited for families with young children, foodies, and coffee-connoisseurs. Some of the best benefits with our favorite EcoWater RO Filter include:
- A unique post-filter that gives your filtered water an extra “polish” before it comes out the tap
- Expandable features to increase usage or add on extra filters
- High system performance that is tested and certified against NSF/ANSI Standard 58
- The power to filter tougher contaminants that high-efficiency filters can’t manage
High-Efficiency Water FiltrationFamilies with a heart for all things “green” love the EcoWater High-Efficiency Filter because it cleans your drinking water in a truly eco-friendly way. These multi-stage systems can treat bacteria, lead, and even volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Plus, you can easily upgrade the unit and customize it to your water needs. Top benefits for high-efficiency filters include:
- An environmentally-conscious system that doesn’t waste any water during the filtration process
- Smart setups that purify water without removing tasty minerals
- Unit that is independently tested and certified to meet or exceed EPA requirements
- The ability to filter key contaminants more efficiently than reverse osmosis units
Want a Home Water Test?Talking with a local water filtration company is your best ally for finding the right system for your home. They’ll be able to give you insights on water issues in your area and make recommendations based on your budget and lifestyle. For example, rising concerns about blue-green algae in your area might call for a different type of filter than you initially thought. Or, your family might need a bigger RO tank for under the sink so you always have enough filtered water on-hand.
If you’re in the Indianapolis area, be sure to check out our community pages that go in-depth with the common water concerns in your neighborhood. And feel free to contact Indy Soft Water directly with any questions about what’s going on at your tap. Getting a home water filter should be a rewarding process. After all, it’s something you can enjoy every day. For the best-tasting and healthiest water—you’ve got to have it filtered. We’d love to help you out!